- 150g vegan butter block
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 120ml soya milk
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp Heapwell Ceremonial Matcha
- 100g vegan white chocolate
- 1/2-1 tsp Heapwell Ceremonial Matcha
- First prepare the Madeleine tin by greasing and then sprinkling with flour. Tap the tin to remove any excess flour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave.
- Stir the lemon juice into the soya milk and then add the sugar. Beat together until smooth.
- Add half the flour and mix well, then half of the melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and butter.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the Madeleine tin so that the batter is level with the top of the moulds. Do not over fill.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the Madeleine tin.
- Once cool melt the white chocolate and sift in the matcha. Stir well.
- Spoon the now green chocolate into the clean tin then place a Madeleine into each space, pushing down slightly so that the chocolate covers the whole of each Madeleine mould.
- Place in the freezer for 30 mins - 1 hour. The Madeleines should now release from the tin.
Recipe by Mairi Rivers aka Ginger Vegan