We all have a sugar craving once in a while. And after we stuff our faces with ice cream, or cakes, or other kinds of desserts, we're filled with remorse and regret. Who can afford to swallow calories and not feel terrible in today's world? And why do sweets have to be so sinful and filled with things that are bad for us!
For all you guys who want to lead a healthy lifestyle and not sacrifice on your sweet tooth, we have the perfect recipe for you. We bring you a dish that's an American classic but we give it a nutritious, absolutely ravishing twist. Let's unveil the star— the Matcha pancakes!
This recipe serves 1 - 2 people.
Here's what you will need:
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon sugar or honey or a sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoon Heapwell Superfoods Matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter (skip the butter to make it healthier.)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt.
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour (Use wheat flour to cut down on calories further.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with milk, vanilla extract, oil, and sugar.
- Add Heapwell Superfoods matcha powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk the batter for two minutes until it is lump-free and smooth.
- Heat a pan or a skillet over low heat and add some oil or butter
- Dollop the pancake batter on the skillet using a big tablespoon. Adjust the size of the pancake according to your liking.
- When you see bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, flip them and cook for another minute or two.
- Stack the pancakes on top of each other for a traditional American look and serve with some natural honey.
The Matcha powder gives a floral hint to the pancakes and in addition, the numerous benefits of matcha come in handy. Use natural honey instead of maple syrup and butter since this is a healthier option. These pancakes taste best when served hot. However, if you are not counting calories and want to go all out, scoop some vanilla ice cream on top and enjoy the decadence.
Don't forget to share your pictures and tag us on Facebook and Instagram @Heapwellsuperfoods. Keep following for more such scrumptious matcha recipes.
Let the power of matcha be with you!